(Updated 12th April 2021)
Cornish Cottages Ltd is committed to providing you with a high level of customer service at all times. However, please bear with us as we are now working on a much reduced staffing basis. We are understandably receiving a very high amount of calls so our apologies if you cannot get through. Please email email@example.com where we can prioritise our response based on the immediacy of your booking.
Bookings after 12th April
Are not currently affected by travel restrictions, although this will be constantly reviewed in line with government announcements. These bookings are therefore expected to continue and are not eligible for refunds or postponements.
We do not anticipate any further lockdown periods to affect bookings for the remainder of 2021. If there are, then please have full confidence that you would be eligible for a refund or postponement should your holiday be unable to go ahead. This has been our policy since the start.
Normal Terms and Conditions continue to apply to all other bookings. You should pay the balance of a future booking when it becomes due as usual and if restrictions become applicable, then we will offer the choice of postponement or a refund as above.
To see the government guidance for local COVID-19 alert levels, please click here.
Information for when bookings resume:
Hygiene & Cleanliness
In addition to the regular thorough deep clean that properties receive during changeover there are now extra measures in place. All properties will be sanitised in line with PASC (Professional Association of Self Caterers) guidelines. These guidelines ensure the safety of our staff and our guests so please be patient if things are not exactly as they were before. For example you may find toys and games have been removed from your property, or that you are asked to arrive a little later and/or depart a little earlier. This is to give the cleaning staff the extra time required to ensure your safety.
Additional Terms of Occupancy During Pandemic/Epidemic
For the protection of all concerned and in order to comply with the Government requirements for accommodation, the following terms & conditions relate to bookings taking place during the on-going pandemic. We will review these terms from time to time as necessary and the decision as to when they end will be at our discretion and in-line with Government advice.
You are required to agree to the following:
- I will not travel if any member of the party is feeling or displaying symptoms (e.g. for COVID-19 new and continuous cough, high temperature, new loss of sense of smell or taste).
- No members of my party have knowingly been in contact with anyone displaying symptoms.
- If a member of my party develops symptoms while on holiday I will inform the property representative or the agency immediately. The whole party will return home to self isolate. If unable to return home I understand I must pay for the incoming cancelled bookings plus the rental for my extended stay.
- I understand that more time is necessary to ensure my property will be clean and sanitised, I therefore agree to arrive no earlier than 5pm of my arrival date and depart by 9am on my departure date.
- To safeguard and minimise risk to cleaning staff I agree to strip all bedlinen prior to departure. (Into spare bin liners or follow instructions in the property if different).
- I also agree to bag all rubbish and remove to the external dustbin prior to departure.
We must stress that your acceptance of these terms are required in order to access your booked property. You may also notice some items like puzzles or DVDs may have been removed from your property to reduce the risk of transmission. This is new to all of us and we thank you for your understanding and patience.
Cornish Cottages Ltd have complied fully with all government advice, guidelines and legislation and will continue to do so for the safety of our staff, our guests and our communities.
The Cornish Cottages Cancellation Plan is not valid for claims relating to COVID-19, as pandemics are one of the limited exclusions of the plan. If you have your own travel insurance then you may wish to check their scope of cover.
To see what is covered please see the full Terms & Conditions.
These are unprecedented times and we thank you for your understanding and patience. We will do everything on our power to assist you wherever possible. Please stay safe and look after each other.
Cornish Cottages Ltd