Gweek Lodge offers a unique, romantic getaway, just for two. Packed full of little touches of luxury and extra treats, the Grade 2 listed cottage was originally one of two thatched gate houses to the historic Trelowarren Estate and is one of the most photographed buildings in the area. Only a few yards from the head of the Helford River and just five minutes walk from the local shop and famous Black Swan public house, Gweek Lodge is in an ideal location for exploring Helford, The Lizard and beyond.
Forward from Owner regarding Covid-19 measures
What we’re doing at Gweek Lodge to make your stay as safe as possible, and therefore hopefully as enjoyable as normal.
What we’re doing to make your stay safer:
- First off, TREATS, if you’re a returning guest you may notice some usual items are missing or have been substituted. We don’t think we’ve compromised on the “treat” factor, but just changed the format.
- Rachel’s CLEANING REGIME is always meticulous, but our deep clean protocol will be employed after each stay, which will include sanitizing all hard surfaces, and whenever time allows machine washing the carpets with an antiviral solution.
- We’ve purchased ADDITIONAL crockery, tableware & cookware, so a fresh set goes in after each stay, and the same applies with CUSHIONS, PILLOWS and BEDDING, so there is a week between each use.
What we’re doing to make your stay more enjoyable:
- As pubs, restaurants and cafés may not be fully open, you might find yourself spending more time at the cottage, so we’ve added a Weber BBQ up on the deck - the tools will be swapped over each week, but we do ask guests to leave the BBQ clean.
- There are still plenty of wonderful places to visit, so we’ve also provided you with a PICNIC BAG, so you can take your self-catering with you! We have two, to swap each week, but would ask that you hand it back clean and complete.
- We’ve also changed the television for one with a built in DVD player.
- Should you require any additional information please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Entered via the original arched doorway into a small lobby area with a hallstand for coats, boots and umbrellas. To the right, the handcrafted kitchen is very well-equipped, with electric oven, electric hob with extractor over, microwave and fridge with freezer compartment. At one end of the kitchen is a dining table and four chairs. In the small inglenook, where the original fireplace would have been, there is now a state-of-the-art Spatherm double-sided wood burner, which has truly put the heart back into the cottage and makes it gorgeous to use all year round.
To the left, the cosy lounge is beautifully furnished and consists of a two-seat settee and armchair around the wood burner. There is an LCD TV with Freeview. Bluetooth, WiFi and DAB equipment for listening to music and the radio are also provided around the cottage.
The ground floor bathroom is a good size for the property, having bath with Grohe electric shower over. There is a shaver socket and luxury towels and robes are provided for your stay, along with other bathroom treats.
A winding staircase leads from the lounge to the upstairs dressing room and bedroom with a double bed, bedside tables and lamps and a double wardrobe. The dressing room has further storage in a set of drawers and hanging rail, there is also a table, two chairs and a full-length mirror. A feature, deep-set window seat between the two rooms is a perfect place to read, relax or enjoy a cup of tea.
Outside there is off-road parking for one car and at the side is a quaint, terraced cottage garden with a decked area with table and chairs. The garden is an absolute suntrap and a further garden bench and customised table has been added to enjoy the afternoon and evening sunshine.
The owners of Gweek Lodge aim to spoil and surprise their guests with little touches of luxury and treats throughout the property. Returning guests and bookings of more than one week will find even
more! The visitors’ book is testament to their efforts.
Heating is provided by the wood burner and all firelighters, kindling and wood are supplied at no extra charge during your stay. Guests are required to read the instructions prior to use. Back up heating is provided by storage heaters and there is an electric blanket on the bed.
Gweek Lodge welcomes dogs by prior arrangement, and whilst the garden is hedged and fenced owners should supervise at all times as it might not be secure for all dogs.
Rental includes bedlinen, towels, electricity, heating and WiFi.
Strictly no smoking.
Gweek Lodge was previously named Gingerbread Cottage.
Availability & Booking
This is truly a stunning, gorgeous and comfortable hideaway... although it may look like the set of a certain film franchise from the outside... insid... more
Note down postcode TR12 6UD, click the button below and use it there:
Extras ( 2021 )
You can select these optional extras when placing your booking, some will incur an additional charge as indicated below.
|High Chair||Not Available||-|
Features & Facilities ( 2021 )
Room By Room
Entrance with bookcase.
Kitchen with oven, 4ring hob, fridge with freezer compartment, microwave, kettle & toaster.
Lounge with 2 seat sofa, chair & TV.
Bathroom with shower over bath, handbasin & toilet.
Stairs to First Floor
Dressing room with storage, table, chairs & mirror.
Bedroom with double bed, bedside tables & double wardrobe.
Patio with table & chairs